My Photo
Name:
Location: Johannesburg, Ruimsig, South Africa

Values: Respect, Determination, Objective, Loyalty, Team Work, Informed Decisions Hello there. I am a quite active person. I like challenges and I take them with determination. I am a Systems Engineer but in my free time I like to enjoy the part of life that is not visible to all of us...the peace and control of mind. I believe in that if you think, everything is going to be fine."

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Windows Server Task Scheduler Issue

Task completed with error Code (0XFF)

For the past day or two I have been battling with Windows Server 2008 R2.
I had a batch file that would launch a bulk loader task at one of my clients that I needed to run everyday in the morning.
I created the task as normal but once I told it to run, it was displaying the following code as a result:
(0XFF)

After some checks I noticed that I seems like the Task Scheduler does not like the long path I had put to my batch application. Eg: "C:\Users\someUserName\Documents\someUserName\myBatchFile.cmd"

It would appear as if it has problems with the double quotes surrounding the path to the file.
My solution was:

  1. In the program/script field I left just the name of the batch file and no double quotes. Eg: myBatchFile.cmd
  2. In the "Start in (Optional)" field I wrote the path to the file and no double quotes. Eg: C:\Users\someUserName\Documents\someUserName\Clients\
  3. I also made sure that I removed the "pause" command from the batch to avoid the Task Scheduler not being able to find if the task completed or not.
Found this information helpful although the error code was different:


Hope this will assist someone else to sort out issues.

B

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Easy solution for a nasty issue, as always. Thanks .

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home